And that ye fast is better for you if ye did but know.
Wa ‘an- tasuumuu khayrul-lakum ‘inkuntum ta’-lamuun.
Friday, 11 October 2013
Blessings Of The Fast
LESSON # 190 FROM HOLY QUR’AN
BAQARAH – 2 (The Cow)
Blessings Of The Fast
Verse –184c of 286, Section – 23 (Part - 2)
In this part of the verse importance, good and blessings of the Fasting have been discussed and told that although any reasonable excuse may compel the human being to postpone keeping the fast or pay the ransom, even then the advantages and blessings for keeping the fast which may be gotten only during the month of Ramadaan when someone will keep the fast. Those benefits can not be achieved from expiation or to be kept the postponed fast (kafaarah or Qazaa’). So it has been admonished that if you understand the virtues, advisability and philosophy of the fast then it is better for you to keep the fast and do not try un-necessarily to pick up the advantage from permission of the ransom etc.
Which prescription of the fast, its philosophy and necessary commands have been explained in this regard by the God Almighty in the previous verses of this Section, their summary is being presented again here as under:
1. Fasting is prescribed for every adult Muslim male and female as it is one pillar of Islam out of five pillars. Carelessness, laziness and refusal from it are very big sins. The religious lawyers have fixed infidelity to the refusal from the prescription of the fast.
2. The fast was also prescribed for the previous nations; the Islam has not invented any new thing.
3. Purpose of the fast is to grow purity of the soul, abstinence, fear of God Almighty and devotion in the mankind.
4. Number of the fasts is fixed that is to say during the month of Ramadaan which some times become of 29 days and sometimes 30 days.
5. If any person is sick in the month of Ramadaan and not able to complete the numbers of fasts then that person is permitted to keep the remaining fasts whenever he becomes healthy.
6. If any person is on journey during these days, he also can complete his fasts during other days except Ramadaan whenever he is not in journey.
7. Quantity of the Ransom is fixed equal to feed a beggar for two times. However if any person keeps the fast being entitled these concessions and takes part in the righteousness with his pleasure, that is also much better for him.
The narration of the fasting and its questions has not yet completed. It will remain in flow in this Section. May Allah Almighty bestow us the correct knowledge and deeds, understanding and admonishing.
Quran Chptr 10-29&30 (Pt-11, Stg-3) (L–1270) - درس قرآن Qur’aan is desirous Surah YUUNUS - 10 (JONAH) BisMIlla...
Quran Chptr 10-27 (Pt-11, Stg-3) (L–1265) - درس قرآن Requital of each ill-deed Surah YUUNUS - 10 (JONAH) BisMillaahir...
Quran Chptr 10-28 (Pt-11, Stg-3) (L–1268) - درس قرآن Idolaters and their deities Surah YUUNUS - 10 (JONAH) BisMIlla...