142. Lo! The hypocrites seek to beguile Allah, but it is He Who beguileth them. When they stand up to worship they perform it languidly and to be seen of men, and are mindful of Allah but little.
143. Swaying between this (and that), (belonging) neither to these nor to those. And he whom Allah causeth to go astray, thou (O Muhammad) will not find a way for him.
144. O ye who believe! Choose not disbelievers (your) friends in place of believers. Do you desire that you should give Allah a clear warrant against you?
145. Lo! The hypocrites will be in the lowest depths of the Fire, and thou wilt find no helper for them-
142. ‘Innal-Munaa-fiqiina yu-khaadi-‘uunAllaaha wa Huwa khaadi-‘uhum. Wa ‘izaa qaamuuu ‘ilas-Salaati qaamuu kusaalaa, yuraaa-‘uunan-naasa wa laa yazkuruunAllaaha ‘illaa qaliilaa.
143. Muzab-zabiina bayna zaalik,- laaa ‘ilaa haaa-‘ulaaa-‘i wa laaa ‘ilaa haaa-‘ulaaa’. Wa many-yuzli-LIllaahu falan- tajida lahuu Sabiilaa.
144. Yaaa-‘ayyu-hallaziina ‘aamanuu laa tattakhizul-kaafiriina ‘awli-yaaa-‘a min-duu-nil-Mu’-miniin. ‘A-turiiduuna ‘an-taj-‘aluu LIllaahi ‘alaykum sul-taanam-mubiinaa.
145. ‘Innal-Munaafiqiina fid-darkil-‘asfali minan-Naar. Wa lan tajida lahum nasiiraa.
Sunday, 21 December 2014
Friendship with the Disbelievers
Lesson # 571 From Holy Qur’aan
Friendship with the Disbelievers
Surah Nisaaa’ (Women) – Chapter – 4
Verses –142 to 145 of 176, Section – 21/24 (Part – 5)
Yu-khaadi-‘uuna – (they beguile), khaadi-‘uhum – (He will beguile them), both words are from the same origin. Base of these words is khadaaa’, which means ‘to beguile, to cheat, to deceive, to exercise cleverness’. Its aim is that the hypocrites deceive God Almighty and His servants with their own vanity assurance, while they have deceived themselves but they do not feel. God will reply them about this deceiving.
Kusaalaa – (languidly), it is plural of kaslaan, which have been derived from kasal, means laziness, idleness and indolence. Kaslaan is that person, who works with indolence, like a tired, and that, who does not work actively and with love.
Yuraaa-‘uunan – (to be seen of), it is from riaaa’, which means to work as to be seen of the people. These persons perform the worship and offer the prayer only for the purpose that others consider them worshippers.
Muzab-zabiina – (swaying between), it has been made from zabzabah, which means “Swaying between this and that, belonging neither to these nor to those”.
Following five outward indications of the hypocrites have been described in these verses:-
1. They have fallen themselves in the deception, but think that they deceive Allaah Almighty.
2. They perform worship but languidly, like tired persons and with indolence.
3. There is no sincerity in their prayers. They offer prayer only to be seen of the people.
4. They remember not their Creator (Allaah Almighty) but seldom.
5. They remain lingered between the belief and the infidelity. Neither they embrace belief heartily nor can they join the infidelity clearly.
Sul-taan – (warrant, power, mastery, proof, charge, accusation and such reason, by which other person is seized.
After mentioning all wicked tricks of the hypocrites, now it has been instructed that the Muslims should not keep association with them. This order has already been delivered twice earlier. Again it is being repeated that due to friendship and social intercourse with such bad and wicked persons, you will gain nothing. If despite their vicious deeds, you will make them friends, then they will harm more other Muslims on this plea. So keep yourselves away from them and do not become basis of loss for other Muslims, otherwise very patent and strong reason will be set up to punish you too by Allaah Almighty.
Then it has been described that these people are very dangerous and bad, more than infidels. They will be admitted in the lowest depths of the Hell, where besides those punishments, which have been fixed for the upper stages, their torment will be separate. And aggregate of those entire anguishes will be their lot. At that time no trickery of theirs will be useful. No matter of anybody is hidden from Allaah Almighty, how will they deceive or cheat Him? They will flatter the Angels (peace be upon them), who are guards of the Hell, “Relieve us only for a while” but the Angels (peace be upon them) neither listen to anyone, nor look at anyone. They mind their own business. There will be no form of exemption from torment for them.
For the Believers, mention of good retaliation of their good deeds has been made in the Holy Qur’aan again and again as well as mutinous and evil-doings of infidels and hypocrites. Allaah Almighty has described repeatedly their punishment and bad result for admonition and precept of human beings. This matter needs particular attention that if an awful doom has been mentioned for the infidels, then a painful doom has also been described for the hypocrites. Likewise if for the infidels, is punishment of the Hell, then tidings for the hypocrites is the torment in darkil-‘asfali (the lowest depths) of the Hell.
.Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English byMarmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazar, Lahore, Lessons collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif)
Quran Chapter 16 – 62 (Pt-14, Stg-3) (L-1729) درس قرآن Likes and dislikes of disbelievers Suratun-Nahl - (The Bee)...
LESSON # 371 FROM HOLY QUR’AN Jealousy Of The People Of The Scripture Surah ‘Aali ‘Imran (The Family Of ‘Imran, Chapter - 3) Verse –...
Quran Chapter 11-89 & 90 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1409) - درس قرآن Beholding the consequence Surah Huud ( Hud ) - 11 ...
Quran Chapter 11-74 to 76 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1399) - درس قرآن Abraham’s pleading with God Surah Huud ( Hud ) - 11 ...