78. Those of the Children of Israel who went astray were cursed by the tongue of David, and of Jesus, son of Mary. That was because they rebelled and used to transgress.
79. They restrained not one another from the wickedness they did. Verily evil was that they used to do!
80. Thou seest many of them making friends with those who disbelieve. Surely ill for them is that which they themselves send on before them; that Allaah will be wroth with them and in the doom they will abide for ever.
81. If they had believed in Allaah and the Prophet and that which is revealed unto Him, they would have not taken them for their friends. But many of them are of evil conduct.
78. Lu-‘inallaziina kafaruu mim- Baniii- ‘Israaa-‘iila ‘alaa lisaani Daa-wuuda wa ‘Iisabni- Maryam. Zaalika bimaa ‘asw-wa kaanuu ya’-taduun.
79. Kaanuu laa yatanaa-hawna ‘am-munkarin- fa-‘aluuh. Labi’-sa maa kaanuu yaf-‘aluun.
80. Taraa kasiiram-minhum yata-wallaw-nallaziina kafaruu. Labi’-sa maa qaddamat lahum ‘anfusahum ‘an- sakhi-tAllaahu ‘alayhim wa fil-‘azaabi hum khaaliduun.
81. Wa law kaanuu yu’-minuuna BIllaahi wan-Nabiyyi wa maaa ‘unzila ‘ilayhi mattakhazuuhum ‘awliyaaa-‘a wa laakinna kasiiram-minhum faasiquun.
Monday, 9 March 2015
The Reason of the Curse
Lesson # 646 From Holy Qur’aan
The Reason of the Curse
‘Al-Maaa-‘idah (the Table Spread) – Chapter – 5)–Stage - 2
Verses – 78, 79, 80 & 81 of 120, Section – 11 of 16 (Part - 6)
In the name of Allaah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
‘Asw – (they rebelled), it is from ‘isyaan, which means ‘to disobey, to revolt, to shake off subjection). The word ‘Aasii has also been derived from it. Ya’-taduun – (they used to transgress), this word is from ‘udwaan, which means ‘to violate, to rebel, to tyrannize’. Laa yatanaa-hawna – (they did not restrain), it is from tanaa-hii and its origin is nahiii. Nahiii means ‘to hold back, to hinder, and to limit’. Tanaa-hii means ‘to be hindered by one own and restrain one another mutually. Here it’s both meanings are correct. However, last meaning has been adopted in the translation.
The Children of Israel were advised commonly in the previous lesson that they should not include such matters in the religion, which do not exist in it, and which have been taken from the old faithless people and idolaters.
In this verse they have been frightened, “Due to your bad habits, two Messengers of higher positions i.e. David and Jesus (peace be upon them) have fixed you duly cursed. If you wish to come out from this curse, then you should embrace Islam, otherwise its result will be very bad”.
Allaah Almighty commands that David and Jesus (peace be upon them) cursed the disbelievers of the Children of Israel. They kept the hostility up also with the last Messenger of Allaah Almighty, Muhammad (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon him) during His time. Three reasons have been described about it: 1. They rebelled (they had been entangled in the evil deeds). 2. They had violated the limits, set up by the religion and their habit of evil acts had become ordinary. 3. Neither they hindered themselves from the sins, nor restrained one another from the wickedness.
When the habits of any nation become too much corrupted that the evil is taken as a sport and nobody exists there to stop oneself and to restrain others from wicked deeds, but on the contrary, a coward is considered a good person, then that nation deserves to be cursed. If that nation does not refrain from its bad conduct, then it is sure that they will be disgraceful and ruined, because if there is none for asking, then the evil doer never tries himself to abstain from the sins. Then other people get courage too to do sins. Thus the entire nation is damaged and ruined.
It has been commanded that these people have been opposing them still, who are going straight path and they are making friends with those who disbelieve. They do not understand that it is a very bad act that they provided ground to spread the wickedness and to efface the good deeds. Wrath of Allaah Almighty will be descended upon them in the world and on the Doomsday in its punishment.
Then Allaah Almighty says, “If they had belief in Allaah, His Messengers and Prophets (peace be upon them) and Their Scriptures, then they would have never taken for their friends to the wicked people, infidels and them, who are of evil conduct. But these people are very strict disobedient. So we knew from it that actually they do not believe in Allaah Almighty and His Messenger (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon him).
We should think now, “Whether these badness have not entered also into us, which were in the Jews? Is our Belief correct”? Sign of its correction is that “friendship with the good people and cut off relationship from the evil doers”. Whether we have this beauty? If not, then its remedy is compulsory.
Quran Chapter 16 – 62 (Pt-14, Stg-3) (L-1729) درس قرآن Likes and dislikes of disbelievers Suratun-Nahl - (The Bee)...
LESSON # 371 FROM HOLY QUR’AN Jealousy Of The People Of The Scripture Surah ‘Aali ‘Imran (The Family Of ‘Imran, Chapter - 3) Verse –...
Quran Chapter 11-89 & 90 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1409) - درس قرآن Beholding the consequence Surah Huud ( Hud ) - 11 ...
Quran Chapter 11-74 to 76 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1399) - درس قرآن Abraham’s pleading with God Surah Huud ( Hud ) - 11 ...