Friday 12 February 2016

Power to benefit or hurt is with God only

Lesson # 961 from the Noble Quran

Power to benefit or hurt is with God only

Surah ‘A’-RAAF (The Heights) – Chapter – 7)
 Stage – 2, Verse – 188 of 206, Section – 23 of 24 (Part  - 9)
                                                                          
                               
BisMIllaahir-Rahmaanir-Rahiim    
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Say: For myself I have no power to benefit, nor power to hurt, save that which Allah willeth. And had I knowledge of the Unseen, I should have abundance of wealth, and adversity would not touch me. I am but a warner, and a bearer of good tidings unto folk who believe.                
Qul-laaa  ‘amliku  li-nafsii  naf-’anw-wa  laa  zarran  ‘illaa  maa  shaaa-‘Allaah.  Wa  law  kuntu-  ‘a’-lamul-gayba  lastak-sartu  minal-khayri  wa  maa  massani-yas-suuu’.  ‘In  ‘anaa  ‘illaa  naziirunw-wa  bashiirulli-qawminy-yu’-minuun.    
                                               
Lesson

The human being remains in search of worldly profit every time. He wants to know before doing every work: Whether this work will be consequently profitable or hurtful? When Messenger of Allah Almighty (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him) began to describe the people: After  death, actions of every individual will be examined and those people who committed sin, will be punished properly, then the people considered from it that He (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him) has been explaining about the future, so they should ask from Him: What should we purchase now which may be expensive in future. Those of them who were of higher thought, they began to ask about the destined Hour. The Messenger (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him) has been taught the answer to their questions in this verse, in which the grace of Prophet-hood has been manifested entirely and it has been described that: “Telling you about - profit or loss in your business OR correct time of any happening” is not the duty of any Prophet (peace be upon Him). His only duty is to warn those who disbelieve and cause to hear the good tidings unto the folk who believe.

It is commanded to the Messenger (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him) that He should say to them who question: While I have no power and knowledge regarding my own profit or loss, good or bad, then; what shall I tell you about your profit or loss? Whenever Allah Almighty wishes, He informs Me timely about good or bad and loss or profit of anything. Had I knowledge of the future, I should have reaped abundance of advantages, and misfortune would not come close to Me. Neither would I regret ever and nor receive any kind of hurt. And you know that the happiness reaches Me as well as the grief. I feel pain like you and comfort too. However, I have been given this duty that I should warn and frighten you from such deeds, result of which will be not good for you after death. And those of you who will embrace Islam, I should give them good tidings that their end will be good.

Allah Almighty has bestowed very more science and knowledge to the last Messenger (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him) than every human being, but that is maximum regarding welfare of the Hereafter. About this world, Allah Almighty commands to Him (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him): Say to the people! The knowledge which I have, is not My personal; but given by Allah Almighty. I do not want to say anything to you from Me side. I shall describe you only that about which God Almighty will command Me. Other than that, I know nothing.

Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commentary on Last Scripture

Commentary on Last Scripture amazon.com/author/capthsharif Volume 1   Lessons # 1 to 528 from Parts 1 to 4 of Holy Qur’an, Lessons f...