60. The alms are only for the poor and the needy, and those who collect them, and those whose hearts are to be reconciled, and to free the captives and the debtors, and for the Cause of Allah, and (for) the wayfarer. A duty imposed by Allah. Allah is Knower, Wise.
60. ‘Innamas-Sadaqaatu lil-fuqaraaa-‘i wal-masaakiini wal-‘aamiliina ‘alay-haa wal-mu-‘allafati quluu-buhum wa fir-riqaabi wal-gaarimiina wa fii Sabii-LIllaahi wabnis-sabiil. Farii-zatam-minAllaah. Wallaahu ‘Aliimun Hakiim.
Friday, 5 August 2016
The Eligible of the charities
Lesson # 1100 from Holy Qur-’aan
The Eligible of the charities
Surah ‘TAWBAH or BARAAA-‘AH (REPENTANCE) – Chapter – 9)
Stage – 2, Verse – 60 of 129, Section – 8 of 16 (Part – 10)
In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful
It has been described in the previous verses that some Hypocrites are desirous to receive the entire Alms which the Messenger of God Almighty (SallAllaahu alayHi wa AaliHii Wasallam) distribute. They wish that those alms must not be given to any other save them. In this connection, complete ruling about the Alms; that is to say; the money and goods of Zakaat (the poor-due) has been explained in this verse, so that; it must be known that the right of any individual is not established as the mind may desire by claiming and wishes of getting Alms.
Zakaat (the poor-due) is spent on the following objects. Those people who are not entitled according to such category, which has been mentioned in this verse, they will be given nothing from the Alms and Zakaat fund. It is commanded that Zakaat (the Poor-due) should be given to following eight kinds of deserving people:
1. The poor that is to say; who has nothing.
2. The needy i.e. that individual who have something but cannot fulfill his requirement with it.
3. Collectors of the revenues – those servants of the Government who are appointed for receiving and collecting Zakaat from the people.
4. Mu-‘allafatul-quluub – those persons whose hearts are to be reconciled, that is to say; those people who feel that; by embracing Islam; their necessities would be fulfilled, and they are ready to enter in Islam.
5. For setting free the captives.
6. The debtors – seekers of financial support due to any sudden necessity.
7. Those people who are busy in the public works and for the Cause of God Almighty as strivers, endeavorers and religious warriors.
8. The wayfarers – who have not any money during their journey, though they have at home.
Method of spending the amount and goods of Zakaat has already been prescribed by God Almighty. He has determined it as a national duty Himself on account of His Knowledge and Wisdom. None can make any change in it; at his own. If any group from the above mentioned eight kinds of people does not exist, then the money of the Zakaat must be distributed in remainder groups/people.
Quran Chptr 10-29&30 (Pt-11, Stg-3) (L–1270) - درس قرآن Qur’aan is desirous Surah YUUNUS - 10 (JONAH) BisMIlla...
Quran Chptr 10-27 (Pt-11, Stg-3) (L–1265) - درس قرآن Requital of each ill-deed Surah YUUNUS - 10 (JONAH) BisMillaahir...
Quran Chptr 10-28 (Pt-11, Stg-3) (L–1268) - درس قرآن Idolaters and their deities Surah YUUNUS - 10 (JONAH) BisMIlla...