The root of hypocrisy is stinginess
75. And among them are some who made a covenant with Allah (saying): If He give us of His Bounty we will give alms and become of the righteous.
76. Then when He gave them of His Bounty, they became niggardly and they turned back, and they were backsliders indeed.
77. So He hath put as a consequence hypocrisy into their hearts, till the Day, whereon they shall meet Him, because they broke their covenant with God, and because they lied.
75. Wa minhum-man ‘aaha-dAllaaha la-‘in ‘aataanaa min fazliHii lanas-sadda-qanna wa lanakuu-nanna minas-Saalihiin.
76. Falammaaa ‘aataa-hummin- fazliHii bakhiluu bihii wa ta-wallaw-wa hum-mu’-rizuun.
77. Fa-‘a’-qabahum nifaaqan- fii quluubihim ‘ilaa yawmi yal-qaw-naHuu bimaaa ‘akhla-fUllaaha maa wa-‘aduuhu wa bimaa kaanuu yakzibuun.