106. Such of Our Revelation as We abrogate or cause be forgotten, but We bring (in place) one better or the like thereof. Knowest thou not that Allah is Able to do all things?
107. Knowest thou not that it is Allah unto Whom belongeth the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth. And ye have not, beside Allah, any guardian or helper?
106. Maa nansakh min ‘aa-yatin ‘aw nunsihaa na’-ti bi-khayrim-minhaaa ‘aw mislihaa. ‘Alam ta’-lam ‘annallaaha ‘alaa kulli shay-‘in- Qadiir.
107. ‘Alam ta’-lam ‘annallaaha lahuu mulkus-samaawaati wal-‘arz. Wa maa lakum- min- duu-nillaahi minw-waliyyinw-wa laa nasiir.
Thursday, 18 July 2013
Abrogation Of The Verses
LESSON # 111 HOLY QUR’AN
BAQARAH – 2 (The Cow)
Abrogation Of The Verses
Verse –106 & 107 of 286, Section – 13
Maa nansakh min ‘aa-yatin – (Such of Our Revelation as We abrogate) there are two words considerable in this sentence:
· ‘aa-yat (literal meanings are sign and token) and many things are aimed from it like miracles which have sign of the Power of God Almighty and prophet hood of the Prophet, Command and order of The Lord Almighty, and the verses of the Holy Qur’an (round signs) etc.
· Nansakh (We abrogate) to order in place of the previous order which may be better than that or the like thereof. To finish the first order and bring (in place) one better or alike. As far as there is concern to change the miracle, in that case it is a common thing that the God Almighty may abrogate one miracle and may bring one better or alike to which He considers better according to the change of time. As far as there is concern about the other meanings, in it two additional matters come out: One is the verses of previous Heavenly Books and the second is the verses of Holy Qur’an itself. Abrogation of the previous Heavenly Books after revelation of the Holy Qur’an is then quite openly matter.
The signs of the verses of Holy Qur’an (round signs) have been applied later on. In the beginning these signs did not exist. So the question regarding abrogation of these signs does not grow. Moreover it seems the right saying, “Aim regarding abrogation of the verses is that the new Commands and Orders of God Almighty have been revealed in the Holy Qur’an in place of His previous Orders and Commands mentioned in His Old Heavenly Books Torah and Gospel), and these Commands abrogate the old Orders.
Transliteration in Roman Script & English Translation by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazar, Lahore and Paraphrase collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated by Muhammad Sharif Fauji) (http://hltsharif.blogspot.com)
Quran Chapter 17 – 11 (Pt-15, Stg-4) (L-1788) درس قرآن Man prays for evil as he prays for good Surah Baniii ‘Israa...
LESSON # 371 FROM HOLY QUR’AN Jealousy Of The People Of The Scripture Surah ‘Aali ‘Imran (The Family Of ‘Imran, Chapter - 3) Verse –...
Quran Chapter 11-89 & 90 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1409) - درس قرآن Beholding the consequence Surah Huud ( Hud ) - 11 ...
Quran Chapter 11-74 to 76 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1399) - درس قرآن Abraham’s pleading with God Surah Huud ( Hud ) - 11 ...