Sunday 8 November 2015

Hud: There is no foolishness in Me but I am a Messenger

Lesson # 869 from the Noble Quran

Hud: There is no foolishness in Me but I am a Messenger

Surah ‘A’-RAAF (The Heights) – Chapter – 7)
Stage – 2, Verses –67, 68 & 69a of 206, Section – 9 of 24 (Part - 8)
                                                                            
                             
BisMIllaahir-Rahmaanir-Rahiim    
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
                                                                                         
67.  He said: O my people! There is no foolishness in me, but I am a messenger from the Lord of the Worlds.

68.  I convey unto you the messages of my Lord and am for you a true adviser.

69a.  Marvel ye that a reminder has come unto you from your Lord by means of a man among you, that he may warn you?      
67.  Qaala  yaa-qawmi  laysa  bii  safaaha-tunw-wa  laa-kinnii  Rasuulum-mir-Rabbil-‘Aalamiin.

68.  ‘Uballi-gukum  risaalaati  Rabbii  wa  ‘anaa  lakum  naasihun  ‘amiin.

69a.  ‘Awa  ‘ajibtum  ‘an-  jaaa-‘akum  zikrum-mir-Rabbikum  ‘alaa  rajulim-minkum  liyun-zirakum.               
                                                                                                                                                
Lesson

The people of ’Aad tribe accused Prophet Hud (peace be upon Him) with two charges:

1.  That is not a matter of common sense, whichever you say. Near to them, it was against the common sense that any such a program is produced against those customs and traditions, which have been established since long.

2.  If anyone is entirely separate from all other people, he should tell about that matter, which should be easy for believing that it is the truth. Otherwise, only claim without proof is able to be considered as a lie.

Prophet Hud (peace be upon Him) answers to these charges. It is commanded that Hud (peace be upon Him) said: As you say to Me a foolish due to the reason that I tell you about most strange matter, listen to Me! I do not say anything from Me side (at my own), but I have brought the Message of that Eternal Existent, Who is Lord of the entire Worlds, for deliverance unto you, He has appointed Me as a Messenger. It were foolishness, if I had told you such thing which I would have invented any new thing myself for my own purpose and then conveyed it to you. And in the matter, in which, you consider Me a liar, is not correct, because I was and am your well-wisher always, and I say to you only that command, in which, I see your Good. And even I explain that I have never deceived you, nor committed any kind of treacherousness, dishonesty or fraud with you. You trusted in Me always. While you know that I am not habitual of cheating you and accomplishing My desire, then why are you doubtful in this matter that I am deceiving you by telling a lie? Do you marvel that your Lord selects a man from your own folk, reminds you your forgotten promises by means of that man (Messenger – peace be upon Him) and warns you by obeying His (your Lord’s) Commands that you should get ready to be saved from the wrath of Allah Almighty, otherwise there will be no shelter for inattentive and careless people after arrival of the wrath and neither there will be any individual, who may save you. Only those people are saved who pass their life in accordance with the Guidance of Allah Almighty.

The people of ‘Aad tribe used nearly those words for Prophet Hud (peace be upon Him) too, which were used by the nation of Noah for Prophet Noah (peace be upon Him). And the same answers almost have been described by Hud (peace be upon Him) which were of Noah (peace be upon Him). Moreover, till to date, the same objections are urged upon the Messengers and Prophets (peace be upon Them), whereas the replies of those objections are also the same as those were during those periods.

Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commentary on Last Scripture

Commentary on Last Scripture amazon.com/author/capthsharif Volume 1   Lessons # 1 to 528 from Parts 1 to 4 of Holy Qur’an, Lessons f...