And fight in the Way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors.
Wa qaatiluu fii sabiilil-laahil-laziina yuqaatiluunakum wa laa ta’-taduu. ‘Innallaaha laa yuhibbul-mu’-tadiin.
Thursday, 31 October 2013
Fight In The Way Of Allah Almighty
LESSON # 207 FROM HOLY QUR’AN
Fight In The Way Of Allah Almighty
BAQARAH – 2 (The Cow)
Verse –190 of 286, Section – 24 (Part - 2)
Qaatiluu – (fight) it is derived from the word Qataal which means ‘to fight’. The Muslims are being commanded at the stage when the enemies and oppressors of Islam have pulled down tyranny upon them. This oppression was not only for a few days, it also was used to pull down for thirteen years during the stay in Makkah. Having patience in reply of aggression and cruelty of Infidels, when the Muslims left their homes and native land, and colonized in Madina then they were permitted to fight against the enemies for protection after so long and hard trial which was also due to their attacks and strictures again and again.
Fii sabiilil-laahi – (in the Way of God Almighty) that is to say not for their own need, but only for benediction of Allah Almighty, to efface the plurality, to support the Right Religion and to get pleasure of the God Almighty.
Al-laziina yuqaatiluunakum – (those who fight against you) namely those people who raised the weapons over you. There have been revealed two things from these words:
· The war was neither begun first by the Muslims and nor they were to be so. All the battles fought by the Muslims against Infidels in which Holy Prophet (grace, glory, blessings and peace be upon Him) participated were only for defence and protection purpose.
· The war would only be fought against those people who participate practically in it. All the old persons, children, women, patients and impartial persons are excluded. It is not lawful in Islam to fight against them. However all the enemies are included in Al-laziina yuqaatiluunakum who are busy in preparations against Islam and the Muslims, and are helping the fighters in any form.
Laa ta’-taduu – (don’t begin hostilities) this word has come out from the word ‘i’-ta-daa which means ‘to advance from the just’ and go forth from the limits. It may have many forms:
· The meaning of ‘the Limits’ can be the limits of Divine of the Religion, for instance to kill also those persons of enemy nation emotionally as revenge and anger who have not participated in the battle, to burn their crops, gardens and fruit-bearing trees and to kill their speechless animals.
· Aim of ‘the limit’ may also be the limit of agreement, for example ‘not to care also the agreements personally following the other nations and attack starting faithlessness to their promise’.
· One other form of crossing ‘the limit’ may be ‘to fight for any other cause or purpose besides Fii sabiilil-laahi (in the Way of God Almighty)’.
Transliteration in Roman Script & English Translation of Holy Qur’an written by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazar, Lahore and Paraphrase collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated by Muhammad Sharif)
Quran Chapter 16 – 95 & 96a (Pt-14, Stg-3) (L-1760) درس قرآن Reflect! What is better for you? Suratun-Nahl - (...
LESSON # 371 FROM HOLY QUR’AN Jealousy Of The People Of The Scripture Surah ‘Aali ‘Imran (The Family Of ‘Imran, Chapter - 3) Verse –...
Quran Chapter 11-89 & 90 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1409) - درس قرآن Beholding the consequence Surah Huud ( Hud ) - 11 ...
Quran Chapter 11-74 to 76 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1399) - درس قرآن Abraham’s pleading with God Surah Huud ( Hud ) - 11 ...