77. Are they then unaware that Allah knoweth that which they keep hidden and that which they claim?
78. Among them are unlettered folk who know the scripture not except from hearsay. They but guess.
79. Therefore woe be unto those who write the Scripture with their hands,
then say, “This is from Allah,” that they may purchase a small gain therewith. Woe unto them for that their hands have written, and woe unto them for that they earn thereby!
77. ‘Awalaa ya’-lamuuna ‘an-nallaaha ya’-lamu maa yusir-ruuna wa maa yu’-linuun.
78. Wa minhum ‘Ummiyyuu-na laa ya’-lamuunal-Kitaaba ‘illaaa ‘amaaniyya wa ‘in hum ‘illaa yazunnuun.
79. Fa-waylul-lilaziina yaktu-buunal-Kitaaba bi-‘aydiihim summa yaquuluuna haazaa min ‘indillaahi li-yashtaruu bihii samanan-qaliilaa. Fa-waylul-lahum-mimmaa kata-bat ‘aydiihim wa waylul-lahum-mimmaa yaksibuun.
Thursday, 20 June 2013
LESSON # 88 HOLY QUR’AAN
BAQARAH – 2 (The Cow)
Verse –77 to 79 286, Section – 9 (Part One-Half upto verse 78)
‘Amaaniyya – (false hopes, hearsay) its singular is ‘umniah. This word is used in two meanings; (1) as like hope which does not have any reality and some persons remain cheerful only in false notions. (2) Anybody remains fallen in false traditions and absurdities. There are a lot of instances of resemblances like this in the history of Jews, for example their false notions that nobody will go into the
Samanan – (price, cost, value) meanings of this word are not only the net cash or cash price but anything which will be gotten as reward or remuneration for any other thing, that will be its samanan. In this verse samanan means worldly reward or remuneration.
Mimmaa yaksibuun – (out of their earnings) in this verse it has two meanings; (1) Pile of their sins – because of increasing their sins due to these mischieves constantly.
(2). which financial reward or remuneration these persons achieve due to change or alteration/transposition.
Illiterate class of the Jews did not know that what has been written in the Holy Book Torah. They were aware of only a few false expectations, hopes and desires, which they had listened from their forefathers and expected that their ancestors will get them forgiven from their sins.
God Almighty commands that the people who change His Orders and say that it is the order of God Almighty, for them there is much badness.
Transliteration in Roman Script & English Translation by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazar, Lahore and Paraphrase collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated by Muhammad Sharif Fauji) (http://hltsharif.blogspot.com)
Quran Chapter 16 – 95 & 96a (Pt-14, Stg-3) (L-1760) درس قرآن Reflect! What is better for you? Suratun-Nahl - (...
LESSON # 371 FROM HOLY QUR’AN Jealousy Of The People Of The Scripture Surah ‘Aali ‘Imran (The Family Of ‘Imran, Chapter - 3) Verse –...
Quran Chapter 11-89 & 90 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1409) - درس قرآن Beholding the consequence Surah Huud ( Hud ) - 11 ...
Quran Chapter 11-74 to 76 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1399) - درس قرآن Abraham’s pleading with God Surah Huud ( Hud ) - 11 ...