Saturday 28 October 2017

A collective Prayer - Quran Chapter 14 – 40 & 41 (Pt-13, Stg-3) (L-1644) - درس قرآن


Quran Chapter 14  40 & 41 (Pt-13, Stg-3) (L-1644) - درس قرآن


A collective Prayer

Surah ‘Ibraahiim (Abraham) - 14

‘A-‘uu-zu  Billaahi minash-Shay-taanir- Rajiim.
(I seek refuge in God from Satan the outcast.)

Bis-Millaahir-Rah-maanir-Rahiim.
(In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful.)

رَبِّ ٱجْعَلْنِى مُقِيمَ ٱلصَّلَوٰةِ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِى رَبَّنَا وَتَقَبَّلْ دُعَآءِ 40  

رَبَّنَا ٱغْفِرْ لِى وَلِوَٰلِدَىَّ وَلِلْمُؤْمِنِينَ يَوْمَ يَقُومُ ٱلْحِسَابُ 41

40.  My Lord! Make me to establish worship, and some of my posterity (also); our Lord! And accept my Prayer.

41.  Our Lord! Forgive me and my parents and Believers on the Day when the account is cast.        
40.  Rabbij-‘alnii  muqii-mas-Salaati  wa  min  zur-riyyatii.  Rabbanaa  wa  taqabbal  Du-‘aaa’.

41.  Rabba-nagfirlii  wa  li-waali-dayya  wa  lil-Mu’-mi-niina  Yawma  yaquu-mul-Hisaab.  (Section 6)      
   
Commentary

Prophet Abraham (peace be upon him) expresses gratitude on previous favors of Allah Almighty. He says: It is bestowal of Allah Almighty that while I was an old man, He gave me two sons, Ishmael and Isaac (peace be upon them). He deserves thankfulness and praise. Therefore, I say sincerely that the Owner of excellences and good attributes is only Allah Almighty. The person who said “’Al-Hamdu-Lillaah” by his tongue remembering His favors, he thanked for that favor, and his name will be registered in the list of those who thanked God Almighty. Then after remembering the unusual favor, he (peace be upon him) asks more favors by this means.

He (peace be upon him) prays: Our Lord! While You gave the Bounty as much that it cannot be reckoned, so; make Your servant (me) able to establish prayers according to the times prescribed by You, and like this, make also some people of my posterity who should continue establishing worship timely. O Lord of our all! Forgive sins of me, my parents and all Believers, and disgrace us not due to our sins on the Day of Reckoning i.e. the Day of Resurrection.   

Transliterated Holy Qur’an in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif). https://youtu.be/rel8jZPEqkg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commentary on Last Scripture

Commentary on Last Scripture amazon.com/author/capthsharif Volume 1   Lessons # 1 to 528 from Parts 1 to 4 of Holy Qur’an, Lessons f...