Monday, 29 April 2013
SAYINGS OF THE MESSENGER (130 TO 152)
Behaviour with parents
130. Sayyidina Abu Hurayrah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
Children can never repay their father until they find their father enslaved and buy him and set him free. (Muslim, Abu Dawood, Tirmizi, Targheeb)
131. Sayyidina Abu ‘Umaamah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
Your parents may mean Paradiser for you (if you behave well with them) or Hell too (if you disobey them) (Ibn Majah, Targheeb)
132. Sayyidina Anas (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
He who craves for a long life and abundance of provision must behave kindly with his parents and maintain ties with them. (Ahmad, Targheeb)
133. Sayyidina Abu Hurayrah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
Adopt modesty with the women of other men, your women will remain virtuous and adopt pious conduct with your parents, and your children will behave well with you. (Haakim, Targheeb)
134. Sayyidina Abu Hurayrah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
He rubs his nose in dust. Rubs his nose in dust, rubs his nose in dust. (He was asked, “Who, O Messenger of Allah?” He said), “The person who had aged parents yet could not make his way to
135. Sayyidina Mu’awiyah bin Jahimah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
Stay with your mother, for
Paradise is under her
feet. (Ibn Majah, Nasa’i, Targheeb)
136. Sayyidina ‘Abdullah bin ‘Umar (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
There are three people towards whom Allah will not look at all (with mercy):
1. One who disobeys his parents.
2. One who is addicted to wine, and
3. One who boasts of his favours. (Nasa’i, Bazzaar, Targheeb)
Husband and Wife
137. Sayyidina ‘Abdullah bin Mas’ood (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
O young people! Those of you who are able to do it must marry because this is the best way to keep your gaze down. In this way you can better check your sexual desires. As for him who cannot afford to marry, he must observe fasting frequently because fasting is a means to curb sexual desires. (Bukhari, Muslim, Targheeb)
138. Sayyidina ‘Abdullah bin ‘Umar (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
The word is a treasure and the best of its treasures is a pious woman. (Nasa’i, Muslim, Targheeb)
139. Sayyidina Abu Umaamah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
Next to Taqwaa (God-fearing attitude), there is nothing better for a believing man than a pious wife. She is one who obeys her husband in every command he gives. When he looks towards her, she pleases him. And, if he swears by her (saying that she would do as he says, surely) then she does not let him down. When her husband is absent she is extremely careful about his property and her own self. (Ibn Majah, Targheeb)
140. Sayyidina Abu Hurayrah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
There are three men who have assurance of Allah’s help:
1. One who wages Jihad for the sake of Allah.
2. Makaatib (a slave whose master will release him if he pays a specified sum of money) who intends to pay the money.
3. One who marries to keep himself away from indecency. (Tirmizi, Targheeb)
141. Sayyidina Abu Sa’eed Khudri (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
A Woman is married for one of the four reasons:
(1) Her beauty, (2) her wealth, (3) her good character, or (4) her piety.
Choose a woman who is pious and well be-haved (Ahmad, Targheeb)
Relation with Wife
142. Sayyidina Maymoon from Sayyidina Ubayy (Radi-ALLAHO-An-hum)
If anyone marries a woman agreeing to pay a dower, little or much, but not really intending to pay it to her then he has cheated her. If he dies afterwards without paying her the dower then he will face Allah on the day of Resurrection as an adulterer. (Targheeb)
143. Sayyidina Abu Hurayrah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho) Among the believers, those who have a good character have perfected their belief. And the best among you are those who are good to their women. (Tirmizi,Targheeb)
144. Sayyidina Abu Hurayrah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
Let not a believing man hate his believing wife. If he does not like anything in her, he is sure to find something else adorable. (Muslim, Targheeb)
145 Sayyidina mu`awiyah bin Haydah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
A wife’s right over her husband is that he feeds her when he feeds himself, clothes her when he clothes himself; does not hit her on her face and does not speak to her rudely; and does not spend the night away from her (out of ranger) except within the same house. (Abu Dawood, Targheeb)
146. Sayyidina ‘Amr bin al-Ahwas (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
Listen! Follow my advice in treating women gently. This is because they stay with you restricted. You have no right over anything belonging to them except that they do not do anything shameful. In that case you leave them alone on their bed and beat them lightly so that they do not feel the pain. Then if they obey you do not oppress them. Remember, you have some rights over your wives, and your wives have some rights over you. It is your right over them that they do not defile your bed with those you do not like, and do not let such people as you do not like enter your house. Remember, they have a right over you that you treat them well in feeding and clothing them. (Ibn Majah, Tirmizi)
147. Sayyidina Abu Hurayrah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
This is a dinar that you spend in the cause of Allah. That is a dinar that you again use to emancipate a slave. And, this is also a dinar that you give as Sadaqah to a needy person. This too is a dinar which you spend on your wife. Of these, you will fetch the highest reward on the dinar that you spend on your wife. (Muslim, Targheeb)
148. Sayyidah ‘Aisha (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ha)
Does that man among you not feel ashamed that he beats his wife in the early part of the day as if he is beating his slave then in the last part of that very day he sleeps with her (having sexual intercourse)? Is he not ashamed of himself? (Abd bin Humayd, Kanz ul-‘Ummaal)
149. Sayyidina Abu Umaamah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
The worst of men is he who is stingy in giving the rights of his household members. (Kanz ul-‘Ummaal)
150. Sayyidina Ilyas bin ‘Abdullah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
Many women make the rounds of the house of Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon Him). They complain (of being beating at the hands) of their husbands. Such people (who beat their wives) are not the best among you. (Abu Dawood, Ibn Majah, Mishkat)
151. Sayyidina Asma bint Abu Bakr (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ha)
I do not like it that I should see anyone with swollen veins of his neck, standing over his wife and beating her. (Kanz ul-‘Ummaal, Asd bin Humayd)
152. Sayyidina Abu Hurayrah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
As for him who has two wives and does not do justice to them, he will be seen on the day of Resurrection with one side of his body leaning down. (Tirmizi, Abu Dawood, Nasa’i)
Collected from The Book “Sayings of The Prophet” (Peace Be Upon Him), Written by Justice Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani & Published by Darul Ishaat, Urdu Bazaar
by Muhammad Sharif Fauji Karachi
Quran Chapter 16 – 1 & 2 (Pt-14, Stg-3) (L-1689) درس قرآن Commandment of Allah will come to pass Suratun-Nahl ...
LESSON # 371 FROM HOLY QUR’AN Jealousy Of The People Of The Scripture Surah ‘Aali ‘Imran (The Family Of ‘Imran, Chapter - 3) Verse –...
Quran Chptr 10-74 (Pt-11, Stg-3) (L–1309) - درس قرآن A disease which wrecks the humanity Surah YUUNUS - 10 (JONAH) ...
Quran Chapter 11-89 & 90 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1409) - درس قرآن Beholding the consequence Surah Huud ( Hud ) - 11 ...