Tuesday 12 November 2019

Solomon smiled, laughed at ant’s speech - Quran Chapter 27: 19 (Pt-19, Stg-5) (L-2374) درس قرآن


Quran Chapter 27: 19 (Pt-19, Stg-5) (L-2374) درس قرآن

Solomon smiled, laughed at ant’s speech

Chapter Naml”- (The Ant) - 27

‘A-‘uu-zu  Billaahi minash-Shay-taanir- Rajiim.
 (I seek refuge in Allaah from Satan the outcast)

Bis-Millaahir-Rah-maanir-Rahiim.

(In the name of Allaah, the Beneficent, the Merciful)
                                                           
فَتَبَسَّمَ ضَاحِكًا مِّن قَوْلِهَا وَقَالَ رَبِّ أَوْزِعْنِىٓ أَنْ أَشْكُرَ نِعْمَتَكَ ٱلَّتِىٓ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَىَّ وَعَلَىٰ وَٰلِدَىَّ وَأَنْ أَعْمَلَ صَٰلِحًا تَرْضَىٰهُ وَأَدْخِلْنِى بِرَحْمَتِكَ فِى عِبَادِكَ ٱلصَّٰلِحِينَ 19  
                                       
19.  And (Solomon) smiled, laughing at her speech, and said: My Lord, arouse me to be thankful for Thy Favour wherewith Thou hast favoured me and my parents, and to do good that shall be pleasing unto Thee, and include me in (the number of) Thy righteous slaves.
19.  Fatabassama  zaahikam-min-qawlihaa  wa  qaala  Rabbi  ‘awzi’-niii  ‘an  ‘ashkura  ni’-mata-Kallatiii  ‘an-‘amTa  ‘alayya  wa  ‘alaa  waalidayya  wa  ‘an  ‘a’-mala  saalihan-  tarzaahu  wa  ‘adkhilnii  bi-RahmatiKa  fii  ‘ibaadiKas-saalihiin.

Commentary

‘Awzi’ – (Arouse me!, Enable me!), this is word of command from ‘iizaa-‘un, which has come out from waza-‘a. Waza’ means “to obstruct, to block”. ‘Iizaa-‘un means “to close at any thing”. It aims: Make my habit especially as that I should be thankful to You for ever.

It has been described in this verse that when Prophet Solomon (peace be upon him) heard voice of the ant, he smiled and amused at her speech. Favor of Allaah Almighty upon him came to mind and he prayed: O my Lord! It is Your great Bounty that You made me able to understand the languages of Your creatures and to see that the people give me respect. My Lord! Bestow me such habit that I should be grateful to You always on it that You favored me and my parents, and I should do always righteousness which You approve. And admit me by Your mercy into the ranks of Your righteous servants.

This verse advises that the mankind should not behave with boastfulness due to wealth or property, rank or authority and power, and should not begin to do unsuitable acts being in a rapture. He should bow before Allaah Almighty and according to His Commandments; spend from that which He has bestowed, for advantaging to all beings of Allaah Almighty, otherwise his end will not be good.  

Transliterated Holy Qur’aan in Roman Script & Translated from Arabic to English by Marmaduke Pickthall, Published by Paak Company, 17-Urdu Bazaar, Lahore, Lesson collected from Dars e Qur’aan published By Idara Islaah wa Tableegh, Lahore (translated Urdu to English by Muhammad Sharif). https://youtu.be/LiXzGgenvZI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commentary on Last Scripture

Commentary on Last Scripture amazon.com/author/capthsharif Volume 1   Lessons # 1 to 528 from Parts 1 to 4 of Holy Qur’an, Lessons f...