Friday, 17 May 2013
Advise And Wisdom
SAYINGS OF THE MESSENGER OF THE CREATOR (296 to 312)
Advise And Wisdom
296. Sayyidina Ibn Abbas (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
There are two blessings of which many people are deceived (thinking that they will go on receiving them so they do not value them). The blessings are: health and time (to do good). (Bukhari, Mishkat)
297. Sayyidina Mustawrid bin Shaddad (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
By Allah, the example of this world in relation to the Hereafter is nothing more than one of you putting his finger in the sea and observing what (water) it brings on it. (Muslim, Mishkat)
298. Sayyidina Abu Hurayrah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
The world is a prison for the believer but paradise for an unbeliever. (Muslim, Mishkat)
299. Sayyidina Amr bin al-Awf (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
By Allah, I do not fear poverty and want on you but I fear that you may receive worldly favours and riches generously as people before you had received. And, I fear that you will evince similar greed as people before you had done, and that it will ruin you as it had ruined them. (Bukhari, Muslim, Mishkat)
300. Sayyidina Abu Hurayrah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
A man says: “My property! That is my property.” Truly, however, only three things are his in his property.
1. One that he consumes and finishes,
2. The other that he wears and makes old, and,
3. The third that he gives (in the cause of Allah) and hoards (for the Hereafter).
The rest he will leave for other people when he dies. (Muslim, Mishkat)
301. Sayyidina Anas (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
Three things accompany the dead body (upto the graveyard). Two of these return and only one stays with it. The three things are his relatives, his property (bier, for instance) and his deeds. Of these three, the relatives and property return; (and only) his deeds remain with him. (Bukhari, Muslim, Mishkat)
302. Sayyidina Amr bin Maymoon (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
Value five things before five other things:
1. Youth before old age and infirmity.
2. Health before illness.
3. Richness before poverty
4. Leisure before occupation, and,
5. Life before death. (Tirmizi, Mishkat)
303. Sayyidina Abu Moosa (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
He who loves his worldly life causes damage to his next life. He who loves his next life causes damage to his present life. So, prefer the lasting world (the Hereafter) to the ending life (this world). (Ahmad, Bayhaqi, Mishkat)
304. Sayyidina Anas (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
Keep away from what is forbidden and you will become most devoted to worship of all the people. Be pleased with what Allah has apportioned for you and you will be the richest of all people. Be well-behaved with your neighbour, you will become a Believer and love for others what you love for yourselves, you will become Muslims. Do not laugh much for excess of laughter deadens the heart. (Ahmad, Tirmizi, Mishkat)
305. Sayyidina Abu Hurayrah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
Richness is not from abundance of possession and property but true richness is from contentment of the heart. (Bukhari, Muslim, Mishkat)
306. Sayyidina Ibn Mas’ood (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
What do I have to do with this world? My example in relation to this world is like a horse-rider who shades himself under a tree and then, leaving it, goes ahead. (Ahmad, Tirmizi, Ibn Majah, Mishkat)
307. Sayyidina Ibn Mas’ood (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
On the day of Resurrection, the feet of the son of Aadam will not move (from his place) until he is asked about five things:
1. About his age-how did he spend it?
2. About his youth-how did he waste it away?
3. About his property-how did he earn it?
4. And on what did he use it? And,
5. About the knowledge that he acquired-how did he act on it? (Tirmizi, Mishkat)
308. Sayyidina Abu Zarr (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
As for him who becomes unconcerned with this world, Allah grows wisdom in his heart, and He causes his tongue to speak words of wisdom. Allah makes him see the disease of this world and its cure. And, He takes him safely from the world to Dar us-Salaam (the abode of peace,
309. Sayyidina Jabir (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
What I fear most for my people is passionate desires and tall hopes and aspirations. Passionate desires keep people away from the truth and tall hopes make them forget the Hereafter. (Mind!) This world journeys away and the Hereafter journeys here (approaching us). Of men, some are children of the world and some of the Hereafter. Thus, if you can do it, do not become children of the world because while today you are in the abode of action where no account is taken, tomorrow you will be in the abode of the Hereafter where action will not be possible. (Bayhaqi, Mishkat)
310. Sayyidina Abu Hurayrah (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
When a man dies, the angels ask, “What has he brought with him (of deeds)?” But men (on earth) say, “What has he left behind (of property)?” (Bayhaqi, Mishkat)
311. Sayyidina Abu Ayyub Ansari (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
When you stand up for your prayer, offer such a prayer as one who departs observes it (praying your last prayer, as it were). And, do not say such a thing as might cause you to regret tomorrow. And, give up hope for what people have with them (of property). (Ahmad, Mishkat)
312. Sayyidina ‘Abdullah bin ‘Umar (Radi-ALLAHO-An-ho)
There are four characteristics which if found in anyone he is a hypocrite without doubt. If anyone has one (single) characteristic of these then he has one peculiarity of hypocrisy until he abandons it. (The four characteristics are:)
1. If he is entrusted with something, he betrays the trust.
2. When he speaks, he lies.
3. When he enters into a pact, he is unfaithful.
4. When he quarrels, he acts sinfully (abusing and reviling). (Bukhari, Muslim, Mishkat)
Quran Chapter 17 – 12 (Pt-15, Stg-4) (L-1789) درس قرآن Day and night are two portents Surah Baniii ‘Israaa-‘iil (...
LESSON # 371 FROM HOLY QUR’AN Jealousy Of The People Of The Scripture Surah ‘Aali ‘Imran (The Family Of ‘Imran, Chapter - 3) Verse –...
Quran Chapter 11-89 & 90 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1409) - درس قرآن Beholding the consequence Surah Huud ( Hud ) - 11 ...
Quran Chapter 11-74 to 76 (Pt-12, Stg-3) (L-1399) - درس قرآن Abraham’s pleading with God Surah Huud ( Hud ) - 11 ...